25.6.12

MADE: FICTION



  "Two circles of light appeared at a distance through the living room window. We watched as they came closer, then as they turned away and parked at an angle. Two figures climbed out of the truck and stood in the beams of light, then went to work. For a long time, we just sat there, watching. Then the bulbs above us flicked on. The room burned white. I shielded my eyes. When I was finally able to pull my hands away, what struck me most was how colorful it all was, the palette infinite."

-Rachel of Elephantine


I just wanted to share with you this excerpt from a short story that Rachel of Elephantine makes per her usual Friday post. I'm deeply inspired by her blog and that she incorporates writing into it. I just recently tried to create my own short fictional story but scrapped both drafts. Sometime soon I will post my very own fiction and you will have to promise not to laugh. 

-Lo

No comments:

Post a Comment